Thursday 10 May 2012

Batiks again!

During my recent holidays at my parents' home I had the opportunity to make some art with tools I hadn't taken with me in my new home. Among them I found (and decided to work with) my favourites: the colors for fabric my friend Pietro gave me last May.
I painted two batiks. They havethe main colors (green and light blue) in common , but are very different in shapes and subjects.
One has a rectangular frame in black and represents a landscape of mountains, one of my favourite subjects for drawing.
I think this is the best one of this couple. Look:


In the second one I tried to experiment something new in painting stylized flowers, another them I've explored a lot. But the result didn't satisfy me at all.
Uhm, what do you think?


This is the first time I try to use three colors in batiks, but probably I made some mistakes.
If you are interested in my previous batiks, here you can find my first try I made and here n.5 and n.6.

But now the question is... what to do with all these batiks?
I painted a lot of scenes (I posted here only a few of them) and now I want to do something with them. Today a strange idea knocked on my mind: probably I can sew them all together to make a sort of mini wall quilt.
Other ideas?

2 comments:

  1. I love the first one! What about sewing it on a shopping bag?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...