Thursday 12 April 2012

My angel top for Spring top sew-a-long 2012

This is my top per "Spring top sew-a-long 2012":


I'm so happy to have tried to make it and so excited to be part of this lovely "parade of tops" :)
If you need informations about this "competition" you can follow this link.

About my top...

Design
I used Rae's free pattern "Angel top".
I altered it a bit in the sleeves (I wanted them less "swirling"). This was my first time with this pattern and I really enjoyed it. It's super simple, ideal for beginners in clothes' making. Only two pieces of fabrics to sew! :)
Thank you Rae! [*]
And the cute thing is that you can make it in every size you need, because you have to design your pattern measuring yourself.

Here a detail of the sleeve:


Fabric
Light jersey with a lovely (in my opinion) pattern of stylized and modern flowers. It is a bit transparent, so I'm going to wear it with a black vest under it (as you can see in the photo).
I bought this fabric for only 2 € (2,60 $) at the outdoor market. Cheap and satisfying :)
Colors are black, different tones of blue (from azure to ultramarine) and white.

In my previous post about this top I published other two photos of it.
Do you remember?
Me wearing the top on my balcony:


The sleeve:



[*] You can visit Rae's blog to follow the spring top competition, but also to check one of her patterns and tutorials (some are free, some are for sale).
I tested her "buttercup bag" (lovely and simple to make) and bought "bonsai bag pdf pattern" but haven't tested yet.  Oh, and there is another free pattern for a lovely top, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...